HebrewHe•brew (hē′bro̅o̅),USA pronunciation n.
- a member of the Semitic peoples inhabiting ancient Palestine and claiming descent from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob;
- a Semitic language of the Afroasiatic family, the language of the ancient Hebrews, which, although not in a vernacular use from 100 b.c. to the 20th century, was retained as the scholarly and liturgical language of Jews and is now the national language of Israel. Abbr.: Heb
- noting or pertaining to the script developed from the Aramaic and early Hebraic alphabets, used since about the 3rd century b.c. for the writing of Hebrew, and later for Yiddish, Ladino, and other languages.
Oiloil (oil),USA pronunciation n.
- any of a large class of substances typically unctuous, viscous, combustible, liquid at ordinary temperatures, and soluble in ether or alcohol but not in water: used for anointing, perfuming, lubricating, illuminating, heating, etc.
- a substance of this or similar consistency.
- refined or crude petroleum.
- See oil color.
- See oil painting.
- unctuous hypocrisy;
- an oilskin garment.
- [Australian and New Zealand Slang.]facts or news;
information: good oil.
- pour oil on troubled waters, to attempt to calm a difficult or tense situation, as an argument.
- strike oil:
- to discover oil, esp. to bring in a well.
- to have good luck, esp. financially;
make an important and valuable discovery: They struck oil only after years of market research.
- to smear, lubricate, or supply with oil.
- to bribe.
- to make unctuous or smooth: to oil his words.
- to convert into oil by melting, as butter.
- pertaining to or resembling oil.
- using oil, esp. as a fuel: an oil furnace.
- concerned with the production or use of oil: an offshore oil rig.
- made with oil.
- obtained from oil.
Lamplamp (lamp),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various devices furnishing artificial light, as by electricity or gas. Cf. fluorescent lamp, incandescent lamp.
- a container for an inflammable liquid, as oil, which is burned at a wick as a means of illumination.
- a source of intellectual or spiritual light: the lamp of learning.
- any of various devices furnishing heat, ultraviolet, or other radiation: an infrared lamp.
- a celestial body that gives off light, as the moon or a star.
- a torch.
- lamps, the eyes.
- smell of the lamp, to give evidence of laborious study or effort: His dissertation smells of the lamp.
- to look at;
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Hi peoples, this image is about Ordinary Hebrew Oil Lamp #1 Academic Dictionaries And Encyclopedias. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 2247 x 1448. It's file size is just 320 KB. Wether You want to save This post to Your computer, you may Click here. You may also see more attachments by clicking the following photo or read more at this article: Hebrew Oil Lamp.
Ordinary Hebrew Oil Lamp #1 Academic Dictionaries And Encyclopedias framed mirror by colour and provide could be a modern decorations that are pretty that are societal. Though a straightforward condition, towel stand made from bamboo the photograph above does not seem old fashioned, actually. Its modest design, merged using a contemporary style minimalism that is interior. Once we realize, the bamboo-segment with its ends closed. Ends that were sealed can be utilized as natural planting medium. Just need expertise and dexterity, then be potted plant of bamboo.
Unique multipurpose tray can be obtained from bamboo. Wooden panels fixed while in the kind of the appear modern having a barrier but still you will find shades-of exclusive and inspired. Sundries decor occupancy of room divider or the following bamboo partition. If the partition is usually based on bamboo, arranged irregularly and purposely but in the photograph of bamboo are manufactured entire. Add lamps that are yellow at the end to produce dramatic effects and environment.
Surface bamboo to the bathroom's walls is created only partially, not fully. Accent wall was efficiently turn into a focal-point inside the toilet of the type that is racial that is modern. Homes which are green, and definitely ideal for places with exotic weather like Australia, the ceiling of Ordinary Hebrew Oil Lamp #1 Academic Dictionaries And Encyclopedias. You should not be concerned about bamboo roof's durability and toughness, due to bamboo's advanced technology can be stored and could be resilient.